Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church (PRPC) had its beginnings in a Bible study back in January 1993. With the assistance of the Westminster Presbyterian Church (WPC) of Australia, our first pastor, Thomas Chong, was licensed to preach in 1994. The church held its first worship service on July 2, 1995. In the May of 1996, two elders were ordained into the eldership by the WPC after due examination. In August 1999, elder Thomas Chong was ordained as Providence’s pastor by the WPC.
Following the homegoing of Pastor Chong, Christopher Seah became our pastor from 2009 to 2016. Chris was ordained under the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) in September 2008. By the Lord’s providence, the church extended a call to Rev. Terence Ng in August 2019 after four years of pastoral search. Terence Ng was ordained by the PCA in October 2019 and installed as our pastor on Jan 12, 2020.
Our central desire at Providence is to become more and more “A household for our triune God, where each member shines forth his holy, life-giving presence” (Eph 2:19-22; 1 Cor 12:7). We believe that our heavenly Father is presently working in the world by his Holy Spirit to form his temple and household in the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a work that would only be completed at the glorious appearing of the Lord Jesus. But it is one that begins now. We also believe that each child of God has been graciously given the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:19-20) and is called to share in the Father’s great work of temple-building.
To fulfill our vision, we seek to use the means God has given us. We strive to…
- Worship God according to his Word; in Spirit and in truth (Jn 4:24)
- Proclaim the joyful, liberating gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through Word and sacrament
- Equip believers for their holy service (cf. Eph 2:10; 1 Pet 2:9) through the regular teaching of the Word of God from pulpit and small group
- Nurture a close-knit community of believers where holy, life-giving love is the rule (cf. Jn 13:34-35)
- Build mutually encouraging relationships with likeminded churches
Providence stands firmly in the Reformed-Presbyterian tradition of the Christian Faith. We hold to the Westminster Standards as our doctrinal standards. We do this because we believe that God promises to use the whole Church to teach his children (Eph 4:11-12), and that the Westminster Standards contain and represent a rich and reliable tradition of biblical teaching. While the Scriptures are our supreme authority over faith and life, we believe that the Westminster Standards contain an accurate summary of the major teachings of Scripture.
As Presbyterians, we also practice the Presbyterian form of church government, where congregations are led by elders. However, as Ephesians 4:12 teaches us, it is also our conviction that all members are called by God to share in the ministry of the church. Thus, we emphasize a participative membership.
Due to COVID-19 circuit breaker, our worship service has gone online. For more information, do get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. WORSHIP SERVICE TIME: Sunday, 9.30 AM
2. Join us on our Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Providence-Community/189588987803822
3. Latest sermons: Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest sermons.
4. The latest articles for your meditation
- The Peace of Christ, Our Referee (Ong Keng Ho)